FILE HILLS QU’APPELLE TRIBAL COUNCIL
NOTICE OF ELECTION
FOR TRIBAL CHIEF
September 22, 2021
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council will be holding an Election for the Tribal Chief (three- year term). The Election will be held in accordance with the File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council Election Act.
DATE OF ELECTION November 24, 2021
LOCATION Wa-Pii Moostoosis Whitecalf Gym, Lebret, SK
The Electoral Officer for the FHQTC Election is Amanda Louison. You may contact her for more information, or to request a copy of the Election Act, via email at Election2021@fhqtc.com or email@example.com or by phone at 1 (306) 696-7112.
(PDF DOWNLOADS BELOW)
In accordance with Section V of the Election Act:
- Every Candidate shall be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Every Candidate shall be a registered member of a member First Nation of the File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council.
A person shall not be considered an eligible candidate for the position of Tribal Chief if:
- he/she has been convicted, (unless such a conviction relates to the exercise of an aboriginal, inherent or treaty right) within five (5) years preceding the date of the election of an indictable offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, or of a dual offence on which the Crown has elected to proceed by way of indictment (excluding the simple, first-time offence of driving while impaired); or of an offence under the Narcotic Control Act, involving the importation, trafficking or possession for the purpose of trafficking of a prohibited or controlled substance covered by any of the above acts; and/or,
- He/she has outstanding criminal convictions or criminal charges; and/or is subject to an outstanding criminal investigation unless it relates to the exercise of an aboriginal, inherent or treaty right.
DECLARING CANDIDATE INTENT
In accordance with Section VI, the Candidate shall:
- Declare intention to run for the Tribal Chief position.
- INCLUDE all information outlined in Section VI of the Election Act.
- Outline the his/her background and qualifications demonstrating that he/she is a member
in good standing with his/her First Nation.
- Include an original (not copy), Criminal Records Search which shall include local indices
as well as Canada’s National Repository for Criminal Records to verify compliance with Section V-3 above; the costs of which shall be borne by the candidate.
* All Declarations of Intent (full package) must be received no later than 12:00 NOON on October 25, 2021.
All declarations must be submitted to the Electoral Officer in a sealed envelope via:
File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council Box 985
Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan S0G 1S0
2nd Floor, 740 Sioux Avenue Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan
*Ensure Envelope is sealed and clearly marked “ATTENTION ELECTORAL OFFICER, AMANDA LOUISON”