The Qu’Appelle Haven Safe Shelter (QHSS) is a non-profit organization that provides a temporary safe place for women and children in the Fort Qu’Appelle area. TFHQ Safe Shelters Inc. provides client centered programming incorporating First Nations healing approaches, counselling, outreach and domestic abuse awareness and prevention service delivery.
Case Management Support Workers
(Full Time and Casual positions)
We are seeking individuals to provide counselling and support to women and children. This position will case manage client files, deliver programming, offer families access to available resources, and provide referrals to community agencies and services within the area. Under the direction of the QHSS Director, the Case Management Support Worker will provide compassionate client care by working in collaboration with other staff to coordinate supportive social, economic, spiritual, and emotional case plans. Responsibilities include client intake assessment, case management documentation, supervision and training, client transportation, coordination of essential liaison services, crisis intervention and taking a lead role with facilitating and developing programming designed to meet the needs of residents and families.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or related discipline
- Good understanding and work experience relating to case management, crisis management and counseling techniques;
- Proficient knowledge and comfortable working in a computerized work environment;
- Punctual, dependable, and reliable with the ability to work daytime and evening shifts in rotation;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administrative skills;
- Well organized with supervisory and leadership skills;
- Knowledge, understanding and respect for First Nations culture and traditions;
- Mental Health and First Aid/CPR would be an asset, driver’s license is required.
Application Deadline: Will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
FHQ Tribal Council
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com