The Qu’Appelle Haven Safe Shelter (QHSS) is a non-profit organization that provides a temporary safe place for women and children in the Fort Qu’Appelle area. TFHQ Safe Shelters Inc. provides client centered programming incorporating First Nations healing approaches, counselling, outreach and domestic abuse awareness and prevention service delivery.
Case Management Workers (Full Time position)
We are seeking individuals to provide client supports and maintain case management client files, deliver domestic abuse programming, ensure client access to available resources and make referrals with linkages to community agencies and services within the area. Under the direction of the QHSS Director, the Case Management Worker will foster client and family care by working in collaboration with other staff to develop and evaluate integrated social, economic, spiritual and emotional supportive case plans. Responsibilities include: client intake assessment, case management documentation, provide supervision and training, client transportation, coordination of essential liaison services, crisis intervention and taking a lead role with facilitating and developing programming designed to meet the needs of residents and families.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or related discipline;
- Good understanding and work experience relating to case management, crisis management and counseling techniques;
- Punctual, dependable and reliable with the ability to work daytime and evening shifts in rotation;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administrative skills with workshop facilitation capabilities;
- Well organized with supervisory and leadership skills;
- Knowledge and respect for First Nations values, culture and traditions;
- Proficient knowledge and comfortable working in a computerized work environment;
- Mental Health and First Aid/CPR would be an asset, driver’s license is required.
Application Deadline: September 29, 2021 or may be extended until a suitable candidate is found
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
FHQ Tribal Council
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com