ALL NATIONS’ HEALING HOSPITAL
Box 300 ~ 450 – 8th Street Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
P: 306-332-5611 ~ F: 306-332-5033
Community Midwife – Permanent Full-Time (2)
Reporting to the Midwifery Team Lead, the Community midwife works within the Women’s Health Centre, and low risk birth centre as part of an interdisciplinary, collaborative health care team to deliver a comprehensive primary maternity care program for the catchment area of the All Nations Healing Hospital including the town of Fort Qu’Appelle, surrounding rural municipalities and First Nations Communities. The midwife is a primary care provider requiring the appropriate knowledge, skills and competencies to provide full course of care to women and their babies from conception, through pregnancy, labour, birth and the postpartum period. The midwife adheres to the philosophy of midwifery care in practice. The midwife must be able to work flexible hours to meet client care needs.
- Current active practicing registration or eligible for licensure with the College of Midwives of Saskatchewan
- Graduate of an educational program approved by the Saskatchewan College of Midwives.
- Current certification in CPR, and NRP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Drivers License
- Previous experience working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Expertise working with women experiencing numerous challenges or considered at risk
- Current midwifery experience an asset
- Must be eligible for liability insurance coverage (purchased by employer).
- Must provide a recent criminal record check.
- Must provide recent child abuse registry check.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions an asset
- Competitive benefits package that includes:
- Disability Income Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Out-of-Scope Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Enhanced Dental & Extended Health Plan
Closing Date: Open until qualified candidates found
Salary: $46.89 – $57.34 Hourly
Please submit resume to:
All Nations Healing Hospital
Box 300, Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 306 332-3790
In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org