The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council (FHQTC) invites applications for a highly motivated individual for the position of Court Worker. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Justice and will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Attend court with or on behalf of clients, provide referrals or assistance with accessing legal representation or information about Alternative measures;
- Interview, support and assist clients and help them understand court process, proceedings, legal information, bail hearing process and sentencing options;
- Maintain confidential client records and referrals to programs and all file information about victims and offenders, in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act and the Canadian Criminal Code;
- Assist the Justice committees in identifying appropriate methods of intervention by utilizing knowledge of human behavior, and available community resources;
- Meet regularly with FHQTC Justice staff, community justice workers and other agencies in order to exchange and share information related to programs and services;
- Collaborate with communities for development of Justice and crime prevention programming/facilitation to schools, justice committees and agencies.
- A Post-secondary diploma or degree and/or combined experience from an accredited justice related program. One year practical experience in the judicial system working within the Court process;
- Certification in Victim Offender Mediation, Resolving Conflict Constructively or Court Worker training would be an asset;
- Must be knowledgeable and have an interest in the Canadian Justice System with regards to First Nation/Aboriginal Justice reform;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal. Proper Court etiquette;
- Proficient knowledge of computers, MS office and database software;
- The ability to work independently with strong organizational skills;
- Must be willing to travel and must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle;
- Knowledge and Respect for First Nations culture, traditions and values.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: January 25, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit resumes along with three references to:
File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
Fax: (306) 332-1811
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org