The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council is a dynamic and progressive organization that provides a range of programs and health services which serve eleven First Nations throughout Southern Saskatchewan within the Treaty Four Territory. The position is based at the All Nations Healing Hospital, located in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK.
Reporting to the Executive Director and/or designate, the Director of Health & Safety provides leadership, oversight and direction to the Quality Improvement, Accreditation, Infection Control, Health Surveillance and Immunization, and Environmental Health programs and services. This position works within a multidisciplinary team to provide safe culturally responsive client directed services.
- Degree in a Health Profession
- In-depth experience in a health facility accreditation process, including quality improvement, patient safety, OHS and healthy work environments.
- Public Health or Safety certification training in Canada is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Occupational Health Nurse, Environmental or Occupational Health & Safety professional, or comparable designation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an occupational and/or environmental health and safety leader in a community health/hospital setting
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and to work in a multidisciplinary team based working environment
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communications, research, analytical and writing skills
- Knowledge and experience in working with First Nations people, culture, and traditions
- Valid class 5 licence
- Criminal & Vulnerable Sector check required
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (7.5 hrs./day)
Rate of Pay: 107,000-120,000
Competitive Health Benefits and Pension Plan
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
All interested individuals should forward a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position, a current resume, copy of diploma, and three references to:
FHQTC Health Services
P.O. Box 300
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK. S0G 1S0
Fax: 306-332-3790 E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org