Tatanka Najin School is looking for motivated, self-starting person to serve as an Educational Assistant within our school.
Educational Assistants provide a range of support services that help students to achieve their academic, social, physical, and personal potential. Educational assistants assist students with intensive needs in five key areas, providing personal care, life skills and experiences, academic support, communication, and behavioural support as required by students and directed by teachers, to promote engagement, participation, and success in school.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as part of a team and engage with a wide range of children with behavioural, cognitive, and physical challenges effectively and collaboratively.
- Ability to interact positively with students, staff and parents and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution focused interaction in order to be responsive to students’ needs
- Written communication skills through documentation and record keeping, as well as clear and professional verbal interactions
- Ability to be flexible with assignment duties based on student and school needs
- Grade 12 or equivalent is required.
- Valid Saskatchewan Drivers License is an asset.
- Educational Assistant Certificate or Diploma is an asset.
- First Aid, CPR and AED training is an asset.
- Specialized training in supporting students with differing abilities is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their resume by 3:00 PM by Tuesday,
February 7th, 2023. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection Procedure: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com