P.O. Box 518 • Balcarres, Sk• S0G 0C0 Phone: (306) 334-2573 • Fax: (306) 334-2280
Job Advertisement Housing
Housing Manager (Full-time)
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Housing Manager will be responsible for the supervision of all Housing/Renovations programs and activities funded through INAC, CMHC and other funding agencies. The Manager works in the community respecting the Elders, culture and traditions of the Peepeekisis Cree Nations People.
- Ensure all work and activities within department are conducted in a safe and presentable, professional manner
- Responsible for Managing the day-to-day activities of the Peepeekisis Cree Nation Housing department which will include Initiating/Planning/Montoring/Controlling renovations, major new housing projects, collection of rent and other related duties.
- Ensure that a “team Approach” to delivering effective and efficient programs and services is implemented.
- Ensure the development and implementation of sound cost effective housing and renovation plans.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Director of Operations on housing concerns and issues;
- Deal with membership regarding housing concerns and issues;
- Ensure that all programs and services delivered in an effective and efficient manner;
- Provide written and oral reports to the Director of Operations;
- Managing and maintaining the CMHC Program;
- Develop and implement various proposals and reports related to Housing;
- Promote cooperation and teamwork between: All Staff; INAC; FHQ and CMHC personnel
- Authorize sick and annual Leaves, travel, education, purchase orders, Overtime Requests
- Document and partner with Human Resources on staff grievances and disputes
- Diploma in Administration, or Completed INAC Housing Manager Program, and/or related experience in Housing, Project Management, etc.
- Knowledge and commitment to the philosophy, goals, and objective of the Peepeekisis Cree Nation
- Understanding and appreciation of First Nations culture and traditions
- Knowledge of current issues relating to First Nations Housing
- External relationships include FHQTC, INAC, CMHC
- Extensive knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal government services and programs that are available to First Nations
- Excellent public relations, oral and written; Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent working knowledge of various software programs, Office, Google, Online Meeting platforms, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision, Willingness to learn new skills and upgrade qualifications
- Proven planning and organizing abilities
- Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive issues and always maintain confidentiality
- Valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Drivers and clean abstract
- Acceptable Security clearance may be required
- Construction site safety training is an asset
- Willing to work extra hours when required
- Team player
Attention: Selena Dieter, Human Resource Manager, Comp# 2021-01-07- Housing firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: 306-334-2573 Fax: 306-334-2280
Application Deadline is January 21, 2021
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit: Resume, Covering letter, 3 reference letters and CPIC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com