Full Time – Maintenance Supervisor – DEADLINE EXTENDED
The Maintenance Supervisor, reporting directly to the Director of the new Senior Care home on Pasqua First Nations, is responsible for the overall management, operation, and maintenance of the building – specifically, power, heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, as well as the internal and external structure of the facility. The Maintenance Supervisor implements programs and procedures required to ensure the general maintenance and upkeep of the building in a timely and efficient manner, that will meet any licensing requirements to ensure the safety of its residents, and staff, while upholding the utmost standard of quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Oversees the entire building, external land and property and internal infrastructure including: electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, solar power, water treatment systems to ensure safety of residents and staff
- Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel and supervision.
- Initiates and implements the building’s maintenance programs based on best practices, with an emphasis on planning, scheduling, preventive maintenance, workplace safety and teamwork.
- Champion for the enhanced use of the Maintenance Care program that monitors operation of building equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assists with vendor management/contract negotiations and contract execution for projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving on concerns that occur on site.
- Reviews the operation of building equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with maintenance employees performing building maintenance, repairs, accessibility and cleanliness. This includes minor plumbing and electrical repairs, refurbishing of suites, moving furniture, equipment, materials, supplies, etc.
- Assists in the protection of residents and staff by completing safety and preventative maintenance inspections of various building areas and systems located throughout the facility.
- Perform regular inspections of resident areas and rooms for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department.
- Champion for the execution of Emergency Preparedness Plan. This includes evacuation plans and conducting fire drills.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance staff both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning any issues that may arise.
- Ensure response to resident and staff concerns/complaints are completed in a timely and courteously manner.
- Power Engineering and Refrigeration Engineers Certificates or Fireman’s Certificate
- Minimum 3 years previous building maintenance required;
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Class 5 License and acceptable Driver’s abstract
- Willing to be on-call
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Computer skills.
- Able to identify key issues.
- Creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to follow and adhere to company policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- High professional and personal standards.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Proven ability to train and mentor.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
This offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check and recent (within 6 months) criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Remuneration: based on Education, experience and skills
Submit: Cover letter, detailed resume outlining relevant skills and a current CPIC/Vulnerable Sector Check by 4 p.m., February 1, 2022:
To: Director, Pasqua First Nations – Senior Care Home
PO Box 80
Pasqua SK S0G 5M0
Fax: (306) 332-5199
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com