Mental Health Therapist
File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council (FHQTC) is looking for a dynamic Mental Health professional to join our Education team. FHQTC Education Department works to support our member nations in the delivery of quality education for their children. The vision is to create an educational system that will provide culturally relevant education that holistically addresses all domains and fosters the development of healthy, productive community members.
The ideal candidate must have awareness and understanding of Indigenous culture, traditions and healing within different Indigenous communities. This individual will also contribute to a broader strategy of how to provide culturally relevant guidance and support services to Indigenous students within our affiliated schools.
- Manage an appropriate caseload in a clinically effective manner (i.e., in accordance with professional expectations of the clinician’s respective discipline);
- Share in the responsibility to provide timely initial assessments and follow-up treatment to students;
- Conduct and assess mental health functioning, risk indicators, and treatment needs;
- Provide follow-up services, psycho-educational programs, administrative interventions, and provide cultural referrals if requested;
- Perform urgent risk assessment of students who are in crisis, at risk of harm to self or others, and develop plans for risk and crisis management;
- Assist in the development and implementation of mental health and wellness programming in collaboration with the education team, for students and staff;
- Provide professional development on mental health issues and trauma informed practice.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Psychology or Social Work are preferred and Registered with the appropriate professional association;
- Experience providing guidance and support to Indigenous clients;
- A sound knowledge of contemporary Indigenous social, cultural and economic issues is required;
- Familiarity with Indigenous culture, history, protocols, and ways of knowing within Indigenous communities in Saskatchewan;
- Understanding of current Indigenous counselling methodologies and best practices;
- Experience performing urgent risk assessments and crisis intervention related to mental health is required.
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants are invited to submit Cover letter, Resume, including three professional references to:
Stephanie Montgrand, Human Resources
File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
To apply for this job email your details to Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org