The Qu’Appelle Haven Safe Shelter (QHSS) is a 24 hour residential facility offering a safe temporary environment, support services and counselling for women and their children in the Fort Qu’Appelle area.
Reporting to the QHSS Director, the Outreach Worker will be responsible for providing full time support, counselling and outreach services. The successful candidate will assist with client intake process, referral services, crisis intervention and facilitate domestic violence programming designed to meet the needs of resident families and communities. Other duties include: follow-up, advocacy, report and proposal writing and general administrative and household duties. The Outreach Worker will also participate as a therapeutic team member coordinating group discussions and facilitating workshops.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work or related discipline with two years’ experience in crisis intervention, counseling and working with children, youth and families; however, a combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- An understanding and appreciation for First Nations values and traditions;
- Ability to maintain confidential records and prepare reports as required;
- Knowledge of community resources in the geographic area including Fort Qu’Appelle and Regina;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, ability to convey clear verbal and written report;
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of public and community based organizations;
- Great presentation skills, Group and Workshop facilitation;
- Proficient computer skills with ability to design presentation materials;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel and have criminal record check (CPIC) available.
Application Deadline January 18, 2021
Please submit resumes along with three references to:
File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK SOG 1S0
Fax (306) 332-1811
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com