FILE HILLS QU’APPELLE TRIBAL COUNCIL
Invites applications for the Full Time position of
Sports and Recreation Coordinator
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council (FHQTC) is a non-profit organization that provides a range of programs and services to 11 First Nations throughout Southern Saskatchewan within the Treaty Four Territory. Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance and Administration, this position will be responsible for initiating and coordinating sport and recreational programs and activities in collaboration with the FHQTC schools and communities.
The successful candidate will have the ability to implement and attain program deliverables with duties to include: planning, monitoring, evaluation and follow-up. Effort will be placed on establishing commitment and strategies supporting youth physical fitness with the goal of increased participation in all sporting and recreational programs and events.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of member nation schools and community needs;
- Coordinate and assist with the planning and implementation of try outs, practice schedules and associated clinics for the Tony Cote First Nations Summer and Winter Games and formalized school and community sports leagues;
- Collaborate with FHQTC schools to establish physical activity and wellness strategies;
- Proposal development and preparation of grant applications as required;
- Provide assistance with enlisting, training, organizing and supervision of all volunteers.
- Degree in Education, Health or Kinesiology however; post-secondary education and training in the area of Administration or Human Services with a minimum two years’ experience working with youth may be considered;
- Punctual and dependable with excellent organizational and communication skills and able to work effectively independently and within a team structure;
- Ability to establish and analyze base line fitness data to support student growth and development;
- Strong research abilities in preparation for proposal, grant, and report writing;
- Ability to coach/mentor/facilitate youth (and coaches) in various sporting venues;
- Ability to organize coaching clinics and provide certification opportunities for coaches;
- Must provide a CPIC, valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 23. 2021
Please submit resumes along with three references to:
File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
Fax: (306) 332-1811
To apply for this job email your details to Stephanie.email@example.com