Tatanka Najin School (STANDING BUFFALO SCHOOL)
Position Title: Student Advocate Worker; full time
Purpose: To build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships, facilitate communication and coordinate activities between Tatanka Najin School/High Schools, Administration, Educators, and the parents/guardians of the students.
Qualifications: Certification and/or work experience will be considered Communication and coordination skills
Documentation and recording skills
Valid Driver’s License & reliable vehicle
CPIC & Vulnerable Sector Check
Clear Drivers Abstract with no surcharges
The Student Advocacy Worker will be responsible to coordinate and carry out the following meetings:
- – Between teachers and parents regarding attendance issues (date and record all entries by creating files for each individual student contacted)
- – Between teachers and parents regarding incomplete or missing assignments in order to discuss possible alternatives to increase student achievement level
- – Between student and teacher to ensure assignments are understood and carried out in best possible manner or to create alternative assignments
- – To build one on one rapport with students and parents/guardians in relation to importance of education, classroom behaviour, etc.
- – To provide students with opportunity to seek additional and professional help in various areas such as mental health, etc.
- – To provide parents with feedback of student improvement, accomplishments, alternative assignments, etc.
- – Track attendance and submit student incentive monthly
- – Between the Standing Buffalo Post Secondary Coordinator and self to assist with post secondary plans for Grades 10-12
The Student Advocacy Worker will be able to assist the Grade 9 students with transition to High School by coordination the following:
- – Coordinate and have students participate and attend various Career Fairs, Job Skills throughout the province during the school year
- – One on one meetings with students to provide career planning and opportunity
- – Assist with grade 10 subject selections to assure classes are appropriately selected to correspond with career choice and to ensure all enrollment forms are completed prior to deadlines
- – Coordinate and carry out High School Tours with feeder schools
- – Assist, encourage and assure all grades attend and participate in all events and activities arranged by the high schools for new students
- – Introduce and coordinate meetings with High School Counsellors by group and individual with the Grade 9 students so they will be aware of who to consult when needed.
- – Assure students that they can contact you, if needed, until they are familiar with the High School system, etc.
Other duties and responsibilities may include:
- – Be available to students in the school on daily basis
- – Meet and greet students on daily basis
- – Assisting with classroom/school supervision on special events
- – Student transportation
- – Other duties as required
Mail, email, or fax cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to:
Betty Goodfeather, Standing Buffalo Director of Operations
PO Box 128, Fort Qu’Appelle. Sk. S0G 1S0
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com