File Hills Tribal Council Education department currently has a Temporary (.25 FTE) Virtual Learning teaching position available.
We are looking for a Teacher to teach online grade 10-12 Biology, Language Arts and complimentary courses (asynchronous). Strong pedagogy and ability for online course development utilizing Moodle Platform is required with excellent technology skills. Experience with distance education and virtual learning would be an asset.
As a teacher, you are responsible to demonstrate the competencies and abilities of the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Quality Standards. You will work with students to teach the programs of study and have the ability to differentiate and adapt the curriculum for all learners. As a virtual member of the school, you will collaborate with staff to enable a welcoming, safe and respected environment for every student.
• Apply effective planning, instruction, and assessment practices to meet the learning needs of every student.
• Able to provide evidence to support student learning by using a wide range of assessment tools and strategies.
• Able to use and integrate technology as a tool for teaching and learning for students to meet learning outcomes.
• Able to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that can accommodate the learning needs of all learners.
• Continuously enable students to develop literacy and numeracy skills
• Able to differentiate, modify and adapt the program for individual students.
• Apply foundational knowledge about First Nations, Métis and Inuit for the benefit of all students.
Communication and Reporting
• Able to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
• Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, reports and communication to parents
• Maintain a home-school communication using various techniques i.e paper agenda, google classroom, emails, verbal conversation, etc.
Virtual Learning Preparation
• Able to develop a positive learning environment in a virtual setting for students
• Effective time management strategies to encourage positive environment along with opportunities for student leadership
• Able to collaborate with students to encourage problem solving, critical thinking skills and develop a sense of community and trust.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Education Degree
• Valid Saskatchewan Teaching Certificate
• Experience teaching distance education/virtual learning would be an asset
This position requires an original copy of a current clean criminal record check with vulnerable sector.
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to Sarah.email@example.com