DEPARTMENT: WHITE RAVEN HEALING CENTRE
JOB TITLE: YOUTH OUTREACH AND RESOURCE LIAISON
STATUS: ONE-YEAR TERM (FULL-TIME)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until A Suitable Candidate is Found
The FHQTC White Raven Healing Centre was established to provide an integrated approach to self- healing with a focus on holistic mental health and wellness program models. The Centre’s integrated approach balances and utilizes both contemporary non-Indigenous therapeutic techniques with traditional healing practices to facilitate individual healing.
The Centre is seeking an enthusiastic, self-directed and organized individual to fill a one-year term position as Youth Outreach and Resources Liaison in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK. You will work within a team of very creative and purpose driven individuals within the youth wellness team as well as broader Centre team; all committed to the mission, goals and objectives the Centre works to achieve. This position will report to the Director of White Raven Healing Centre.
The Youth Outreach and Resources Liaison key responsibilities, are but not limited to:
- Researching innovative ways to deliver supportive healthy programming for clients/participants; thisincludes online, outreach and/or in-Centre programming options
- Researching innovative ways to develop resources for youth so they have access to resources and support in a safe and healthy environment that promotes and enhances wellness and healthier lifestyles.
- Develop effective tools, models and techniques for collecting data, recording, and reporting all relevant activities for the youth wellness team.
- Develop, establish and maintain positive relationships with other programs within the WRHC and the Tribal Council, First Nations and other external partners and stakeholders and act as liaison towards outreach activities relating to the health and wellness for youth
- Establish and maintain relationships with external agencies to enhance and expand services to the First Nations communities
Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience. Acceptable combination is defined as: *The successful completion of two years of post-secondary education and the relevant training and experience relevant to the work to be performed.
- Experience working with colleagues and First Nation communities in the development, coordination and facilitation of outreach programming and/or training in an individual and/or group setting
- Very strong knowledge of and experience in current effective research methods
- Very strong ability to use technology to work in communications, data management, and reporting
- Experience in project management with an in depth understanding of program work planning
- Experience and ability to work on an individual basis or as an inter-disciplinary team memberKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge and commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the FHQ Tribal Council
- Knowledge of the historical and current social issues relating to First Nations communities andpeople
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral interpersonal skills
- Punctual and dependable with a strong ability to adjust priorities to meet current needs of clients,First Nations, the Centre and FHQTC
- Knowledge of Indigenous mental health and addictions theories, and approaches
- Knowledge and experience in proposal writing and fund development
- Experience in youth advocacy and/or youth counsellingCONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must live a life free of substance abuse and be willing and able to participate in the Centre’s cultural and traditional programs
- Candidates must provide a current original copy of the Canadian Criminal Records with Vulnerable Sector Check must get/have and maintain updated CPR/First Aid certification.
- Candidates must possess and maintain a valid driver license throughout the duration of employment.
- The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (7.5 hrs/day)
All interested individuals must clearly show how they meet the qualifications in their letter of application,
with accompanying current resume to support. Three references will also be required:
Human Resources – Stephanie.email@example.com
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
To apply for this job email your details to Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org